Vixen: A 17' Deep V Runabout
Vixen 17" is a deep V runabout that was designed by the New Zealand company Hartley and Brooks Associates; they have been designing all sorts of boats, power and sail, since 1938. Although the Vixen hull can be configured for either inboard or single or twin outboard engines, the client has specified a single 115 HP Evinrude E-Tec outboard engine. She will be fast!
Vixen Specifications and Features
- Length overall 17', Beam 7'9'', Hull draft 9''
- Top speed over 50 mph (depending upon power)
- Displacement 1200 lb without engine
- Inboard version: 80 - 200 hp
- Outboard version: single or twin engines, 40 - 220 hp
- Easily trailerable
- Glued plywood hull sheathed in fiber glass